How we can help
If you find yourself under investigation, or charged with an offence that requires you to go to court, it is essential that you obtain advice from an experienced criminal law lawyer who specialises in police matters as soon as possible.
Our experienced criminal law lawyers can help if you:
- Are required to attend a formal interview with the police
- Have been charged by the police and have to go to court
- Have been charged by a government authority
- Have been found guilty and want to appeal the conviction or sentence
The legal system can be complicated, but we can listen to your situation and simplify the process.
Dealing with the Police
The Police have powers of investigation and arrest.
At the police station the law allows the accused to consult a lawyer while under police custody, within a reasonable time. Family members may also be contacted. However, these requests can be refused if they interfere with investigations.
The Police can detain the accused for a maximum of 48 hours, but the police can obtain a Magistrate’s order if they wish to extend the custody to continue with investigations.
If the officer does not wish to detain you, he may let you go on a personal promise or put you on police bail.
You can be charged in Court only after investigations have been carried out. This investigation is necessary to decide if there is any evidence of a crime having been committed by you.
Why Choose Hoh Law Corporation For Your Criminal Defense?
If you find yourself under investigation, or charged with an offence that requires you to go to court, it is essential that you obtain advice from an experienced criminal law lawyer who specialises in police matters, as soon as possible.
With close to 30 years of experience in criminal law, Hoh Law Corporation is well positioned to:
- Help our clients gather, prepare and submit relevant documents to Court prior to trial
- Formulate and discuss the case strategy based on the facts of the case and the evidence.
- To formulate effective representations to the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) which is the prosecuting authority, for the purpose of persuading the authorities to withdraw or reduce the charges based on the facts of the case;
- If you make the decision to plead guilty, to prepare your mitigation plea for the purpose of highlighting to the Court the personal and factual circumstances of your case for sentencing.
- If you make the decision to claim trial, to formulate your case theory and strategy and to prepare you for trial.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Hoh Law Corporation is one of Singapore’s most successful consumer law firms.
As Singapore’s largest community law firm, HOH Law Corporation brings legal services to the masses and to the ordinary man on the street. With island-wide offices and a team of trained legal professionals, our mission is to combine our extensive experience with our resources to focus on the needs of our clients and commit ourselves in heart and mind to provide affordable and quality legal services to them.